Open lectures are held three times a year in the entrance hall. Speakers are university professors and specialists who deal with subjects related to the museum's exhibitions and its activities. Admission is free, all are welcome to attend.
- 106th Open Lecture
- Title: " The Floating World of the Meiji Restoration:
- A Bottom-Up View of Modern Japanese History at a Crossroad"
- Lecturer: Dr. M. William Steele, Professor Emeritus, International Christian University
- Date/Time: June 1 (Sat), 2019, 14:00 – 15:30
- Place: Museum Entrance Hall
- Lecture will be in Japanese
- Admission Free